Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Evaluation

Received a text today from a dear friend of mine
She said :" I don't wanna be a drama queen but i always get late notices from you"
And suddenly it hit me
I really am not as good of a friend as I thought I had always been
I get so caught up with the things going on in my own life I really start to ignore those who are around me
Something else also happened just yesterday
I called one of my closest friends to see if he wanted to have lunch together
and the first thing he said, was "what do you want, you always want something when you call"
of course in a jokingly tone
but the same feeling hit me right in the face again
he is right
i do always call him because i want someone to talk to, because i wanna go for a walk, because i wanna get someone to get food with me


Maybe it's time to reevaluate myself as a friend
I feel like i'm just over reacting just a little as i always do
but regardless of the  severity of this issue
I guess i should try to be a better friend
rather than just letting nature do its course all by itself

No comments:

Post a Comment